Friday, February 27, 2009

Encouraging Others to Be Brilliant


Why You Should Think About
Encouraging Others to Be Brilliant
Post written by Leo Babauta.

This is a great article, but the part that I wanted to share was the final few paragraphs.

As a teacher it made me think and question some of the ways I share the lessons I have learned.

Am I honest with my pupils or gaurded? Do I build them up and encourage them as much as I should be. If you have time please read the full article, it is short and I would love to hear your thoughts.


...many people seem to have a problem with this concept. They tear people down, block them, hoard the goods for themselves, and are jealous of the success of others. We need to break free of this jealousy and meanness. We need to learn to be happy for others, and what’s more, to count their success as our success and feel proud of the contribution we’ve made in helping others make a difference.
So go out in this world and create — make something brilliant, whether it be a piece of art or a book or music or a wonderful new invention or a world-changing business or whatever it is you do in the world.
But go beyond that. Teach others to be brilliant and make a difference. Encourage them to create, support them, give them a boost, help them succeed. And teach them to do the same with still other people.
The world will thank you for it. And even if you never receive thanks, know in your heart that you’ve done some good, that you’ve lit your light in this world that will last beyond your mortal years, that will continue to grow and burn brightly long after your dust has returned to dust and blown away in the wind.



All the Best,

Michael Orwick
Orwick Arts LLC



And if you're into social networking, I'd love for you to follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter --> http://twitter.com/mikeorwick
Friend me on Facebook -->
Connect with me on LinkedIn --> http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/9b7/74b
Be sure to leave a comment and let me knowyou stopped in
fun paintings

No comments: